Apple cider vinegar is one of the best-kept beauty secrets and once you experience the wonders of apple cider vinegar on your skin and hair, you’ll never put it down.
Benefits of apple cider vinegar on natural hair
1. ACV balances your hair’s pH level. With the regular use of hair products that are full of chemicals, your hair’s pH level can become imbalanced; leading to different hair problems, so, incorporating ACV into your usual hair care regimen can fix that. This is due to the high acidic nature of apple cider vinegar.
2. ACV removes the build up on your scalp, which is formed from dirt and product use. As you use hair creams and oils on your hair, a build up can occur, causing your scalp to get clogged. The clogged pores on your scalp can prevent new hair from growing.
3. ACV closes your hair cuticles. This is especially if your hair is high porosity. (high porosity means your hair absorbs moisture quickly). ACV protects the hair shaft, which minimises and prevents breakage. When your hair cuticles are closed, your hair will look smoother and shinier, and also makes it easy to detangle and manage.
4. ACV is a natural treatment for head lice. The acidic nature kills the head lice on your scalp and prevents new ones from forming if used regularly.
5. ACV conditions your hair naturally. It is a natural conditioner that can be used on its own or added to a conditioner product to boost its conditioning strength. It makes your hair shiny if rinsed with cold water.
6. It can be used to combat itchy scalp and dandruff. ACV kills the dandruff-causing bacteria on your scalp and alleviates the itchiness. It also prevents new ones from showing up.
7. It helps to stimulate hair growth. As I’ve said before, ACV balances the pH level of your scalp, thereby stimulating the growth of new hair. If your scalp is clean and healthy, new growth will most definitely occur and be retained. Apple cider vinegar can be used in the treatment of hair loss.
8. ACV can be used to enhance your hair colour. If you’re like me and you love experimenting with hair colour, ACV can be used to retain and enhance the colour. Not just for dyed hair, if your hair is naturally black and you want to prevent it from changing to brown, regular use of ACV helps with that.
How to use apple cider vinegar hair rinse:
– Add 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar to 2 cups of cool water and mix together. Keep aside.
– Shampoo and deep condition your hair. Wash out the conditioner from your hair and squeeze out the excess water.
– Pour the ACV mixture slowly on your hair with one hand while massaging your scalp with the other hand.
– Air-dry your hair and style as usual.
Use this rinse regularly, at least once a week and see the wonderful results. Your hair and scalp will thank you for it.
Do you use apple cider vinegar in your hair care regimen? What does it do for your hair? Or will you be trying it out? Let me know in the comment box below.