Do you know the benefits of turmeric face mask?
Turmeric is the spice that gives curry its yellow colour, it is also used on its own as a cooking spice. The bright yellow powder is gotten from the rhizome plant that is similar to a ginger root. It has been used for centuries in ancient Asian countries as a spice for many of their dishes and also for medicinal purposes.
But turmeric is not just for cooking, far from it, it has many other great uses and benefits. It can be used as a face mask for the treatment of eczema, pimples, acne, acne scars, etc. The turmeric face mask can also be used to eliminate hyperpigmentation, giving your skin a bright, healthy glow.
The anti-inflammatory properties in turmeric can also help to combat the pain and inflammation caused by acne or pimples.
This turmeric face mask can also be used to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and under eye bags. It keeps your face and neck smooth and younger looking.
There are many variations of this face mask, which can be achieved with a mixtuurre of different ingredients, but I’ll only talk about one of such mixtures today.
How to make turmeric face mask
– What you need:
• 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder.
• A teaspoon of natural organic honey.
• 1 teaspoon of raw organic coconut oil.
• A teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
• Try to use a glass bowl and spoon for mixing (the turmeric might stain a plastic bowl).
• An applicator brush (you can use your fingers instead, if you do not have an applicator brush).
– Raw organic honey has antibacterial properties which helps to fight the bacteria and fungi in your skin that leads to acne and pimples
– Raw organic coconut oil has antibacterial and antioxidant which are beneficial to your skin, in the treatment of acne.
– Fresh lemon juice helps to brighten your skin and controls hyperpigmentation.
1. Put 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder in a bowl.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of raw organic honey.
3. And add 1 teaspoon of raw organic coconut oil.
4. Finally, add a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
5. Wash you face thoroughly to remove all the makeup and dirt, then pat dry. You can also tie your hair back of it’s too long; to keep it out of the way.
6. Apply the mask all over your face and neck generously and leave to dry for about 20 – 30 minutes.
7. Wash it off and pat your face dry. Apply your toner and moisturiser and you’re good to go.
If you’re consistent with this mask and you will see a huge improvement on your skin in no time.
Be careful when using this face mask as it can easily stain your clothes, so be sure to wear old clothes during this process. It will stain your skin though, it will easily wash off with soap or face wash.
Some people use the fresh turmeric roots (looks like ginger roots), as an alternative to the powdered one. Either the powdered turmeric or the fresh roots will get the job done.
I will write more posts about this wonder that is turmeric, as its benefits are numerous!