I’m sure you’ve heard about the numerous dangers of toxins on the skin and health in general. Skin detox is the best thing you can do for your skin, if you’re looking for a healthy radiant-looking skin.
The most common factor that contributes to the accumulation of toxins in your body include; eating too much processed foods that contain preservatives, pesticides and chemicals.
These toxins in your body will drag you down, you’ll always feel unwell, sluggish, constipated, bloated, irritable and most especially, experience break outs and skin problems. These type of minor symptoms don’t necessarily warrant a trip to the hospital, but you can definitely do something to combat it.
Tips for a natural skin detox.
1. Exercise regularly
– This is a no brainer. Exercising for at least 30 minutes a day will easily give you a natural skin detox. When you exercise, it boosts the circulation of blood throughout your body and delivers the necessary nutrients to your organs and muscles. Also the sweat as a result of the exercise pushes out toxins through the pores of your skin.
2. Drink water regularly
– Doctors recommend drinking at least 8 glasses of water every day. Getting enough water into your system helps to naturally wash away toxins from your body. The toxins will be eliminated through your urine and sweat. This is the most effective way to eliminate toxins from your body.
3. Incorporate enough fresh fruits and vegetables into your daily meals
– Green fruits and vegetables will help to eliminate toxins from your digestive system by boosting chlorophyll to your digestive tract. Citrus fruits such as lemon especially help to eliminate toxins from the liver through enzymatic processes.
Some of the foods that help with a natural skin detox are onions, garlic, turmeric, beetroots, carrots, lemons, oranges, limes, broccoli, asparagus, cabbages, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, artichokes, kale, yoghurt, oregano, watermelon, pineapple, cucumbers, melon, etc.
Juicing and making smoothies out of these fruits and vegetables are a great and fun way of getting enough of these nutrients into your body.
4. Get enough sleep nightly
– Getting enough sleep every day also helps to eliminate toxins from from your body. When you sleep, there’s a higher production of Human Growth Hormone, which helps to renew your cells. Cell renewal helps to repair the damages to your skin caused by acne and other skin conditions.
5. Exfoliate your body regularly
– Skin exfoliation is an easy and natural skin detox remedy. One of the job descriptions of the skin is to eliminate toxins and exfoliation helps to get the job done quicker and more effectively.
Detoxifying your body is not only beneficial to your skin, it benefits your health in general. It addiction to giving you a radiant skin, it promotes hair growth, improves your digestive system, liver functions and overall well-being.
Following these 5 tips will go a long way in improving your overall health, and giving your the clean and clear, younger-looking skin you’ve always wanted!
Which other remedies do you use for your natural skin detox? Will you be trying any of these 5 remedies? Let us know in the comment box below.