Homemade deep conditioning treatments are an inexpensive way to give your hair the nutrients it needs to have a healthy growth.
There are several deep conditioning remedies you can use on your hair but I’ll be talking about banana deep conditioner today.
Banana has many healing abilities that are beneficial to your hair and scalp. One of the best effects banana can have on your hair is that it prevents hair loss.
It repairs rough and damaged hair, giving you a great shiny and smooth healthy hair.
Banana is a natural hair conditioner as it softens and moisturises your hair.
It contains vitamins and minerals which are effective in repairing the scalp while nourishing and moisturising the hair.
Banana is great for eliminating dry itchy and flaky scalp. It hydrates your hair and keeps it healthy.
If used consistently, this hair mask will increase your hair’s moisture content, smoothen frizzy hair and prevent dandruff.
Banana is filled with vitamins A, B and C, natural oils and carbohydrates, and they all help to improve your hair’s elasticity,
thereby preventing split ends and breakage.
If you colour your hair, this treatment will be especially helpful as it reduces the over-dryness you get with coloured hair. If you use a lot of heat on your hair, this will be helpful too.
As we all know, banana is high in potassium. This helps to soften your hair shaft and make it more manageable. It keeps your natural hair very soft and bouncy.
How to use banana deep conditioner
What you need
– 1-3 over-ripe bananas (It’s very important that you use over-ripe bananas so that the mixture won’t have any undissolved chunks in it. It will be difficult to get those chunks out of your hair).
– 1-2 tablespoons of raw organic honey.
– 1 tablespoon of coconut oil (you can substitute this for any other type of oil you have, but coconut oil is the best to use as it is a humectant – it helps to retain moisture in your hair).
This measurement depends on the quantity of your hair, if you have short hair, you can use fewer ingredients.
• Put all the ingredients into a blend and blend thoroughly, until it becomes a thick puree. You can mash the bananas in a plate first before blending. Make sure there are no chunks in this mixture as it can get stuck in your hair; blend it very very well.
• Divide your hair into different sections and apply the hair mask on each section one by one. Makes sure it covers your whole hair from tips to root, get it on your scalp also.
• Cover your hair with a plastic cap and leave for 1 hour. If you’re using a hair steamer, you can leave it for 30 minutes instead.
• Rinse very well and make sure you get out all the banana bits out of your hair.
Follow up with your cream and oils to seal in the moisture.
You should be able to feel the difference immediately. Your hair will be instantly fortified! At least that’s how mine felt, lol.