Developing an effective skincare routine takes you one step closer to achieving the clean and clear skin you’ve always wanted. The next step is being consistent with it, which will put you on a path to a radiant, smooth, healthy skin. Who doesn’t want that?
As I’ve mentioned numerous times, if you want a healthy radiant, acne free skin or face, developing a skincare routine with natural, organic remedies is the way to go. This protects you from the further damage that those chemical-filled commercial skincare products will do to your skin.
To be able to formulate the type of skincare routine that’s best for you, you have to first of all know your skin type. You should know whether you have an oily skin type, dry skin type or combination skin type (this can also be called normal skin type.)
The type of care for these 3 types of skin differ. So it’s best to use the best procedure for each skin type, to avoid further complications, and for the regimen to work effectively.
With that being said, here’s my typical daily skincare routine. I have an oily skin type and I have acne-prone skin.
My typical skincare routine.
I wash my face with African black soap (I liquidised it and put it in a glass jar, so it’s easier for me to use.
- I lather the soap and rub it all over my face.
- Leave it on my face for 5 minutes until it’s dry and tight. (Because of the way it tightens the skin, it’s a good natural anti-aging product)
- Then I wash it off in the shower.
- I pat my face dry and apply my natural toner.
- After the toner, I apply my face oil – I use either coconut oil or Jamaican black castor oil.
- And I’m good to go.
Night time routine
At the end of the day, my skincare routine is a little bit different from the morning routine. This is because of my wearing make up all day, plus all the sweat, and unseen dirt or particles that stick to your skin through out the day.
- I wash off my make up with African black soap (I wash off the soap immediately; I don’t leave it on for 5 minutes like I do in the morning time).
- Then I exfoliate with either my electric facial brush or rice powder face mask or any of the other natural exfoliating face masks I’ve written about on the blog.
- After the exfoliation and showering, I apply my apple cider vinegar face toner.
- Then I apply coconut oil or Jamaican black castor oil.
- That’s it for the night time routine.
You can also follow this routine for combination skin type but cut down the exfoliating to a couple of days a week. If you have a dry skin type, cut down on the exfoliation to once a week because it can dry out your skin if you do it too often.
What do you think of my daily skincare routine? Do you have a different routine that you use? Share with us in the comment section.