I believe it is the 1st of January everywhere in the world by now. So here’s me wishing you all a very happy new year and hoping all your dreams for this year come true.
Care Naturele will probably go a new direction this year, we’ll see, I’m very excited cos I have so many ideas for this blog and I look forward to implementing them all successfully. It can only get better!
So what are your new year’s resolution this year, especially for your haircare and skincare regimens?
The resolution for my hair this year is to do more protective styles and give my ‘Fro a little bit of rest. I’ve started already anyway, ‘Fro is in braids right now, I got them done just before Christmas and I’ll leave them on just for another couple of weeks because I’m starting to miss ‘Fro already.
A few ideas for you to think about concerning the direction your haircare and skincare routines should go this year.
For your hair –
* Deep condition your hair more often, especially in this cold weather.
* Try and get in protein treatments every 6 weeks.
* Get more use out of your spray bottle. Make sure you spray your hair daily.
* Don’t forget your satin bonnet. Never go to sleep without covering your natural hair with a satin scarf or bonnet.
* Reduce hair manipulations. Try and reduce the amount of time you style your hair, to reduce the chances of hair breakage.
* Do more protective styles. Protein your natural hair with braids or other protective styles that help reduce manipulations and also keep the hair away from environmental damages.
* Use more natural remedies for your haircare.
For your skin –
* Wash your face twice a day.
* Make sure you remove your makeup every night before you sleep.
* Exfoliate at least once a week.
* Stay away from facial cleansers or toners that contain alcohol, they are more likely to dry out your skin and make your skin problems worse.
* Use more natural remedies for your skincare.
So, tell me, do you have anything different planned for your haircare and skincare routines this year? Let us know in the comment box below.
Happy new year once again!