Did you know that the tea bags you’ve been throwing away after drinking can be used as a green tea facial scrub to help you get a spot-free face?
As we all know, acne and acne scars can be a major problem if you have an acne-prone skin. In my opinion, natural homemade remedies are always your best bet in acne treatment, and this is me speaking from experience.
This green tea facial scrub will effectively fade away your acne scars with consistent use, it will clear your face and give you a brighter, spotless look.
The ingredients needed for this facial scrub are:
* 1 or 2 green tea bags
* A cup of hot water
* 1 teaspoon of honey
* 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
* 3 drops of lemon juice (optional)
– Green tea is packed with antibacterial properties which are very effective in killing off the acne-causing bacteria that eventually lead to acne scars.
Also, the antioxidants present in green tea is 200 times more than the antioxidants in vitamin E. So you can imagine how powerful it will be when used to treat acne and acne scars.
Green tea is so powerful that some studies say it has cancer-fighting abilities, so really, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that it has the ability to cure acne and acne scars.
– Honey. Bacteria usually live under the skin but does not cause any harm, not until your pores get clogged up by excess oil, dirt, debris etc, then the bacteria grows and multiple; leading to acne.
This is where honey comes in. Honey, which is osmotic in nature, absorbs the water the bacteria needs to grow and releases hydrogen peroxide which in effect kills the bacteria. This treats the acne and also prevents future breakouts.
Honey also contains anti-inflammatory properties which help to reduce the swelling caused by acne.
– Baking soda has various benefits which can work wonders on your skin. It is alkaline in nature and has lots of antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and antibacterial properties. All these are effective in the treatment of acne and acne scars. Baking soda helps to slough off dead skin cells on your face, to reveal the newly regenerated skin cells. This process fades acne scars.
– Lemon juice is effective in lightening up the skin. When added to this facial scrub, it helps to lighten up the acne scars and black spots. It will also remove sunburn and skin discoloration. It has antibacterial properties as well.
How to make green tea facial scrub:
1. Brew a cup of green tea with 1 or 2 bags, drink the tea or keep aside for later.
2. Take out the tea bags and open them up into a clean bowl.
3. Add a teaspoon of honey.
4. Squeeze in 2 drops of lemon juice.
5. Add a teaspoon of baking soda and mix all together. The baking soda should dry up the mixture a little so that it’s not too watery. (Baking soda can be substituted for rice powder).
Directions for use:
a. Wash your face thoroughly and pat dry.
b. Apply the green tea facial scrub on your face, moving in a circular motion around your whole face, for about 5 minutes. (Bear in mind that the tea particles will be dropping off your face so it’s best you do this while leaning over the bathroom sink).
c. Apply the remaining scrub and leave it on your face for another 20 minutes.
d. Wash of your face with warm water, pat dry and apply your face toner and moisturiser.
This facial scrub should be done about twice a week. After the very first use, you should notice a change in your face. Your face will look brighter and smooth to the touch.
Over to you
Have you used this green tea facial scrub before? Will you be trying it out? Let me know in the comments section below.