How to do a hot oil treatment:
What you need –
You can use basically any organic oil you can get you hands on. You can use just one oil or any mixture of oils from the list below.
– Coconut oil
– Jamaican black castor oil
– Olive oil
– Argan oil
– Amla oil
– Manuka oil
– Carrot oil
– Jojoba oil
– Avocado oil
– Melted shea butter
– Any other organic oil you can think of (If you’re not sure, ask me in the comment box)
– Pour your oil or oils into a bowl.
– Heat it up in the microwave for about 10 – 15 seconds, (Alternatively, you can heat up a pot of water on the fire and then place the bowl of water inside to heat it up).
– Apply the warmed oil generously to your hair and scalp (make sure it’s not too hot).
– Massage your scalp for about 5 minutes.
– Put your hair in big twists and cover with plastic cap for about 1 hour (or however long you want, the longer the better).
– Wash your hair with shampoo and follow up with the rest of your wash day routine.
Make sure all the oils you’ll be using for this treatment are raw organic oils, this will ensure you get the best possible results.